Thread: fastest svx?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: fastest svx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaueugen View Post
wow that is nice, how fast is 0-60? i wish i could do this to my svx, ive been on the forums for about 2 years now and im afraid i have lots to learn before ill be able to do this to my car so this one is supercharged huh.. and turbo ones that run strong?
Probably the best and most reliable turbo example was Phil's (phastsvx) that just sold his to Keven (can't remember his forum name on here). He's located near Milwaukee and runs a reliable 9 psi intercooled on 93 octane and for awhile he was running a reliable 15 psi on e85. He's using ECUtune software, a version of the Stage 2 aggressive, but not sure which one exactly.

Also, SVXfiles, aka Old or Original Tom (OT for short) has a centrifugal supercharger on his claret utilizing ECUtune software as well. Not sure on the boost levels.

There are a few others with the ECUtune stage 3 supercharger kits (what the shadow machine originated from) but none that have been pushed, used or proven thus far. Also others have started turbo setups but progress has been slow for various reasons.

Rob, Couldn't remember if that was when Tom was really starting to push it or not. I do remember that he didn't have the greatest tune on it when he ran it though. Have you messed with the tuning of the hydra much? And I'd DD the car as well, but I'd probably have way too heavy of a right foot and would be spending all my money on gas. Also, sorry for not getting the bracket yet. I'm going to be stripping down an SVX at "itsjusteric"s after Reading so i can mail that bracket from there probably. Just hard to get everything done when I'm only home about half the time or less it seems. send me a PM with your cell # and I can get ahold of you when I get the bracket off.