View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 06:57 PM

Re: Water pump replacements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika View Post
Thank you for these checks!

I can see the translated page, but the pictures are not loading.

Yes, I'm actually Finnish. Here, Mika is a male name, which has caused a couple of confusions on my travels to Taiwan. Can't imagine what it would be in Japan.

We measured the distance from the engine block to the pulley top, WPF006 is about 10 mm shorter. It does look like the pulley height in 21111-061/62 is not high enough as stated in the review.

There is an Ebay option of the GMB water pump which seems to be of correct height. In the manufacturer's pictures, it does seem to have similar height.
Hi, Mika is female name in Japan. Although Japanese names are written in kanji(Chinese character), Mika means fragrant beautifully or beautiful summer. There are many Japanese people going to Taiwan, so that may have caused confusion.

So, I sent the question message about compatibility to Yahoo shop with URL of amazon review. In many cases, web shop photos are unreliable. The photos may have been selected by non-experts who do not understand the product well.

On the other hand, the Legacy 2.2L model is listed in the product compatibility information on eBay. EG33 has a history of adding two cylinders based on EJ22. Similar parts may have been used on that. What about confirming your eBay shop about compatibility? eBay has a 30-day money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work, you can return it.

My SVX's engine was overhauled 4 and a half years ago, so I don't think I'll ever replace the water pump again in the future, but since many parts are discontinued, I think your information would be helpful to everyone.