View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 02:31 AM

Registered SVX
Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Fillip, we are getting to know each other!

It is me that should be sorry. Damn it your English is very impressive and is helping us to press on regardless. The opposite of depress should in fact logically be unpress, but you have it right it is release.

(1) You must continue and properly check the line pressure. Once we have this first possibility answered we can logically move forward. One thing at a time.

(2) Very early on you advised. (In very good English) —- “When I tried self-diagnostics (power light) I got code 24, which is duty solenoid C.“

(3) You must now follow your nose. LOL However I am very serious. One thing for sure is that you have a stinker of a problem. (Lesson one in basic English.)

You now advise that you continue to notice the strange smell which you also mentioned earlier. —- “It's sort of burnt plastic smell. Could it have any relationship to tranny issue ?”

Yes, quite possibly. —- Burning hot solenoid C or wiring, = Smell, = Limp-mode. ?????

The fault code indicating solenoid valve C can only be detected electrically. Solenoid C could be electrically faulty and therefore be over heating and causing the smell. (Shorted turns within the solenoid windings.)

The wiring or plug connections to solenoid C could have a short circuit causing over-heating, burning and the smell. There is a lot of wring involved and in places where it could be damaged.

In regard to your problem, I have contacted an old forum member and friend, who has reverse engineered the TCU computer, asking what sensing is used to activate limp-mode, but he can not be exactly sure. Therefore it is very possible that an electrical fault within the solenoid C circuit could initiate limp mode.

No one within the forums has properly investigated your type of problem, so that you are proving to be a hero. Your patience and findings could prove of huge benefit.

Thanks, I did have a nice weekend and as it happens enjoyed it ahead of you.

Sincerely, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!