View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Trans temp gauge with output for external relay?

Two laps on track used to cause mine to go into overheat mode.

From Phil:
According to my notes:

Overheat mode turns on at 101 C and off at 99 C.
AT OIL TEMP light turns on at 107 C and off at 104C.
I used to run a TC from a 1996 4 cyl Outback - this gave me a stall speed of 3200 rpm which is way too high for my engine .

Now I have the stock JDM SVX TC and the stall speed is roughly 2700 rpm. I wouldn't mind an even lower one :-), maybe 2500 rpm. There's plenty of mid range in my engine with the small turbo and 5-6PSI boost and this is wasted with a high stall converter. Thanks for your offer, though !

I run stock 1996 JDM firmware and the QC from Harvey + power mode switch. Adjusting the TPS to 0.55V this seems to be a very good setup.

I drove bit, tried a few short wot runs but could only reach 189 F at TCU. The gauge was spot on after I let the car idle for a few minutes, but roughly 15 F behind when on the move - I put some pipe insulation on the sensor/plug to prevent air flow from cooling it. I need to think about what you said - attaching the sensor to the valve body and running the wire along the others.

The fan had no effect - I bet the thermostatic bypass is only starting to open the cooler circuit and the cooler itself it plenty efficient even w/o it.

I need to get on a track to get some heat to the tranny. Not possible in traffic w/o loosing my license .

Interesting stuff.

/T

Last edited by Tapani; 04-27-2014 at 09:34 AM.