View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 AM

Re: SVX is testing my resolve..

Brady, I hope you are sitting down because it's time we sorted this out and it's going to hurt.

You keep coming on the forum bad mouthing your SVX saying you got a dud. I have stood back and bitten my tongue for the last couple of years and put up with the rubbish you go on in your attempt to get sympathy when the truth of your car is greatly different from what you portray. So no one is confused, here is the truth.

Your car was for sale at Dom's Motors in Griffith NSW and they were asking $20k. The car was a perfect example of a well looked after SVX. The down side was that it had around 200,000kms on the clock. I inspected the car for you and made the point to you that it was still the original transmission and radiator; as such if you purchessed the car you would have to be prepared to replace both of these units. At the time a reasonable SVX of the 92 vintage was selling for $15 to 17k.

Based on the fact that the car would need these two expenses I suggested we point out this cost to the dealer to get the price reduced. You agreed that it would be the way to go. On this basis I went to the dealer and said that the top price for the car was $10k because these things needed to be done to bring it up to a level at which it would become a reliable car.

At the time of the car's purchase I told you a number of times "DON'T BUY THE CAR UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO REPLACE THE RADIATOR AND TRANSMISSION". You on repeated occasions agreed that you understood what was required to get the car up to grade and was prepared to do that. When you took delivery of the car you failed to remember that you were given a massive discount off the price (50%) to cover the repairs and that you were warned by me that this cost would need to be incurred immediately. I mentioned you would need to do the timing belt as well. My guess like the rest of my advice you have ignored that as well.

Now I am happy to support my statement with copies of emails if required.

From here on in Brady you are welcome on the forum and we are all happy to help you maintain the car. But I am no longer going to stand by and listen to you mislead people on the forum. I will not bring this up again unless you continue to go back to your old story. The fact that I have stood by and let you bad mounth a transaction that I was involved in can only reflect on how fair I have been to not bring this up earlier.

The ball is in your court now.

Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.