Thread: binding
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:03 PM

Registered SVX
Re: binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Yes but they use the same line pressure.

If you consider when the car gets binding, it is under slow speed and light throttle. Under these conditions the line pressure will be low. The TCU will apply a percentage of this low pressure to the Transfer clutch.
This will supply enough clutch pressure to drive, but not bind on the turn.

If the signal to Solenoid A is removed or reduced, the line pressure will be held high, so that the percentage of that high pressure sent to the clutch will be too high, causing it to bind.

The way I see it.
Harvey.
Just what has been seen? How does that seen apply to the post quoted and is receiving comment?

The resistor is NOT there to “to lower the voltage to the duty solenoid which controls line Pressure” but it must be presumed that what has been quoted, is simply a very loose way of trying to describe the protective function. provided by the resistor.

Only a short to ground, within the resistor circuit, “could remove or reduce” the signal to solenoid A, to any significant degree. Nothing of this sort has been suggested. The post is pointless, only adds confusion, and is best ignored.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!