View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schralper View Post
Here's my insight on this as I'm thinkin of getting my 92, w/OEM gps screwing windshield tint, tinted w/ 3M tint. 3M is pretty much the only way to go.
You shouldn't need much, if any, heat from gun to get the tint to fit/stick good.
I've tinted in a previous life. But I sure don't wanna do my svx's rear window
Find a good shop as w/ any gearhead stuff. Which can be tuff.
Check your state tint law,
Clean'em REALLY good before you take them in, including edges and corners.
Blow off w/ compressed air, if possible.
================================================== =

MD TINT LAW

(i)Window Tinting -

(1)Except as provided in Paragraph (4) of this subsection, a person may not operate a vehicle registered under Section 13-912, 13-913, 13-917, or 13-937 of this article on a highway in this State if:

(i) In the case of a vehicle registered under Section 13-912 of this article, there is affixed to any window of the vehicle any tinting materials added to to the window after manufacture of the vehicle that do not allow a light transmittance through the window of at least 35%; and
(ii) In the case of a vehicle registered under section 13-913, 13-917 or 13-937 of this article, there is affixed to any window to the immediate right or left of the driver any window tinting materials added after manufacture of the vehicle that do not allow a light transmittance through the window of at least 35%.

================================================== ======

That seem pretty dark, 35%, especially after looking at some pics of an SVX with 20%............Originally I was thinking i would go 5% less than the state's max allowable shade just to keep the cops from stopping me unwantedly which would make it 30%. Once i pick a shop i'll just have to have them show me the differences in the shades. It will definitely be no less than 20 and no more than 30%....And 3M it is............
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"