View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 02:09 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXDriver
punisher,

Just because you have spent only $2k that it is a good motor. Most people have problems with this motor. I know because I have friends that have it and constanly go in for repairs and they are tired of it. I have friends that have their gasket seal replaced like 3 times. I do not need to own an Impreza to know if it is a good motor or not. I trust what my friends tell me because they are enthusiasts like me. I driven both the 2.5L Phase I and I have the 2.5L Phase II in my Legacy right now and there is a difference between the two motors besides the DOHC and SOHC. I think that you just need to accept the fact that the 2.5L Phase I is just a crap motor.
Gary-
My 96 Outback has 111,200 miles. It had the crank seal replaced once and the timing belt replaced (for the first time) at 105,000 miles. That is the extent of the problems I've had with the "crap motor" 2.5L Phase I, that has been driven very hard throughout its 6 year life.
I would not say that "most people" have problems with the motor. I've never heard any evidence to point to that.