View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 10:27 AM
punisher

Lemmings

<<Mike is right. The 2.5L DOHC aka EJ25 Phase I engines are the worst engines that Subaru has ever made.>>

Well I dunno what to tell you. Own one and then 'evaluate' it yourself, dont just spit back info that you've read. At 80k the water pump needed replaced....at 110k the head gasget blew. That's about all the problems the engine has had. So in 6 years of ownership, the engine has needed about 2 grand in repairs, aside from normal maintainence. The transmission (an automatic) is wonderful. The power is wonderful. I'm the first out at red lights. And the AWD is the selling feature. The car is higher than the SVX, and thus better equiped to deal with heavier snow. Although the SVX does weigh more, which some will say increases traction. But why would you want an older legacy anyay?? The pre 97 legacies are too 'plain' looking for my taste. And I do like the imprezza...but the pre WRX models just seem like they're trying to be something they're not. Atleast the legacy doesn't try too hard to look like a rally car. The thing I hate most about prewrx imprezzas is that stupid spoiler - way too goofy looking for such a little car.

Last edited by punisher; 04-27-2002 at 10:32 AM.