Thread: Blew my Engine
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 06:58 PM

Blew my Engine

An awfull thing happened to me on the way to the dealership to have the noise diagnosed. In My last thread I asked what the noise was and said that I took the svx to an Auto-Electrical shop who told me to take it to the dealer.

I was on the perimeter about 15 min. from home at the speed limit ie. 100km/hr or 60m/hr. when the SVX lost power and I pulled over and shut it down immediatly as steam blew out of the hood. I had changed the coolant and hoses in the summer and had the cam belt and all others done 2 yrs. ago. so this was not good. It gets worse and worse.

I was not far from the dealer and was lucky to get a ride. They had the 1992 SVX taken to the dealer. My fist call was to replace the rad. and then $1368. parts + labour= $2142. I paid.

The next call really did a number on me, a new "short Block" he said at a cost of $3655. not including labour, + some other parts of lesser value. What to do ? Well I had to buy another car and had them deliver my Svx to my home. Any help from members is welcome. I have already spent thousands on my SVX what to do?