View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Re: Vibration from driveshaft

So, I got a resistor but there is still 16 flashes of the power light upon startup. When i pull the code it still says 11. I checked the resistance of the resistor and I get 0.9 ohms. I am getting the hard shifts, 3rd gear 'bounces' when shifted into manually. From what I've read this is caused from the incorrect resistance, but I'll deal with that later. The main problem of vibration still exists and that makes the car un-drivable above 35mph.

I've brought the svx to 2 different shops, a foreign auto shop and a Subaru only shop.

The foreign auto said my viscous clutch wasn't working properly and my driveshaft was bent. I replaced the drive shaft and the vibration is still there.

I brought the svx to a subaru only shop and they say the power light blinks 16 times indicating a faulty clutch duty solenoid. Other than that they said they couldn't really figure out why the car is vibrating.

I know that 11 blinks means duty solenoid A, and more likely the dropping resistor. Ever since I've had the car (2 years) and with each transmission (3 now), the power the power light has always said 11. So, i'm guessing that it's the dropping resistor and not that all 3 transmissions had faulty duty A solenoids.

Anyway, I guess i'm going to get it towed to a shop in Boulder that has more experience with Subarus...

-Can internal transmission clutch problems cause bad vibrations?

-Maybe the transmission that I got from the yard (this is when all the problems started) was damaged in some strange way from an accident?

- Can the rear differential cause anything like this? (when all 4 tires are in the air, the vibration is still there so I would say that rules rear diff out but who knows)

-TCU?

-??

Last edited by ScottyB; 07-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.