View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Re: i dont know why they pissed me off so much, help!

Just remember, there are usually young guys (18-25) whose only automotive education are the movies, video games, and magazines they see. If you read into the "ricer" rags they don't go into detail about the engines. Not all magazines are guilty of this, but the cheapest of them are. And you know the kids will get the cheap ones, so they can buy more video games.

The #1 way to combat ignorance is education. You need to become thier Yoda, and treat them like your Padawans. +1 on firing the performance related questions at them. Then when thier eyes glaze over, start answering those questions.

Don't fight ignorance by ignoring it. It WON'T go away!

When I bought my SVX there was a young guy @ my work who went nuts over it. Of course he claimed his b18 Civic hatch with cold air this cat-back that was faster. So I asked him to accompany me to lunch one night. Long story short, he understood that the V-TEC badges don't help performance.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.