Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Help me, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostia View Post
Anyone, can you help me?

I kindly ask of you to give me information as to the issues I am interested in concerning Subaru SVX car produced in 1994 wits a reference to data from a manufacturing plant. I need this information in order to determine technical qualities of the car mentioned above.

Issues are the following:

1. What is the breaking length in meters of Subaru SVX car produced in 1994 when it reaches the moving speed 60 km/h?
2. What is the stopping distance in meters of Subaru SVX car produced in 1994 when it reaches the moving speed 60 km/h?
3. At which minimal speed of movement in case of a frontal crash of Subaru SVX car a driver`s airbag is actuated?

The road: a wet asphalt-concrete wits level of profile.

Respectfully yours and gratefully,
Evgeniy Strychak

Wanderer23@mail.ru
Evgeniy

Apologies mate. I almost forgot. Your very first post. Welcome to the SVX World Network!

What colour is your SVX? Please post up pictures. We would love to see them.

Regards your 3rd question, I'm fairly sure nobody here will have a definitive answer on that one. You might be able to get information directly from Subaru, they are the only ones who would have the engineering knowledge.

What I can say for certainty is there are a number of types of and angles of impact where Subaru says the airbags may NOT deploy. It requires very specific direct impact of the required severity in the correct direction to make them fire. This by definition means there will not be a direct linear relationship between speed of the vehicle and the impact required to fire the airbags, particularly if the vehicles hit at any angle other than straight on.

Oh!, one last thing. The braking distances given above from the Autocar Road test are from a 1992 car, which is mechanically identical to a 1994 car with ABS.
However, these distances are the minimum stopping distances measured. They were measured on a new car with all braking systems 100% operational and good tyres.
It is entirely reasonable to suspect that stopping distances achieved on a now 14 year old SVX could be a lot longer in metres than these figures shown above due to expected deterioration of the braking system over 14 years.

For such a heavy car the brakes on an SVX are only mediocre, and the rear brakes in particular tend to deteriorate a lot with age.

So be careful in your SVX and don't rely on the stopping distances from this road test. Your 14 year old SVX is sure to need a lot more distance to stop safely than a new car would.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 12-09-2008 at 06:54 AM.