View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
Sorry the light is not up for grabs - but there is a guy here in Auckland who is wrecking a couple of JDM SVXs - got the rear (big) light from him after I stuck a bike pedle through the original light + the rear tray de-ioniser / blower

- the NZ version & USA versions of light are different eg

NZ

red reflector // white rev // SVX name // white rev // red reflector

USA

red stop light // white rev // SVX name // white rev // red stop light

the NZ (and maybe Australia?) had no stop light in the cluster only a reflector, but the wiring was in place for the "upmarket version. Similar issues for the front headlights, NZ (non JDM) models had the fog lights blanked off (but in this case no wiring, and other lights used different shape connectors for the other lights).

I can give you guys contact details for the guy wrecking the 2 SVXs if you want - I thought about getting the leather seat cover from USA SVX as your passenger side is mostly new (due to fact that you guys drive from other side of car).
[/COLOR]
The above information is interesting, and thanks for the help. However, did you say you bought your rear centre cluster from a breaker in the USA?

I don't doubt you for a minute as anything is possible, however the type of centre cluster you have was never available in the USA.

The American one is outwardly similar to the JDM model:
Red stop/tail // White rev // SVX name // White rev // Red stop/tail

The one on your car comes from:
Australia,
England or
Continental Europe.

You have :
White rev // Red fog [if UK] // SVX name // Red fog // White rev.

Now if your centre cluster has only blank red reflectors and does not have switched fog lamps, then that would be a significant difference between UK variants and possibly the other two.

If yours did come from the USA, then it will be one of the most travelled lamp clusters in existence. It started life in Australia, England or Europe, got shipped to the US, then was purchased by you and shipped to NZ.

It's the highest mileage part of your car!!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl