View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Actually even stock dsm's get their bad reps from shattered differentials, busted trannies, spun rod bearings, crankwalk, and spontaneously combusting ecu's.. I had a stock 94 talon with two of the above happen. After an engine rebuild and major brake work, my transmission started "clunking" into gears (auto) before finally just breaking, acting like neutral in every gear. My dsm days were over after that. I'm sure you've heard the term DSM = disposable speed machines
I'm not going to debate the validity of your DSM failures as I am well aware that **** happens, and apparantly it left a bad taste in your mouth.

My dad bought the 93 GSX that I'm currently building into a track car new in 92. We've had it since then and have had only the most minor of problems.

I've also never heard of the "spontaneously combusting ECUs". The capacitors occasionally leak after 15 years or so, but that's about it. The rest are things that happen, but only the CW happens more than it does on other cars.

The auto trans was a chrysler part, and everyone knows how much chrysler sucks at making transmissions.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker