View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 08:24 AM

New Headlight Cleaning kit

I cleaned the yellow from my headlights using a new kit that I found at Advanced auto parts, with great results. The kit is made by Crystal View and cost $19.99. I had cleaned my headlights numerous times before using plastic polish, but the yellow always returned. I know that Seraph and others have posted instructions on how to do this using different grits of fine wet-sanding paper, but I bought the kit because it also came with everything you might need in one convenient package. You get 1000 grit sand paper, 2500 grit sandpaper, small foil packs of plastic polish, polish applicators, small foil packs of sealer, sealer applicators and a latex glove.

You can use the kit with the headlights still on the car, but I removed both headlights, both corner lamps and the center grill and polished them in the kitchen sink - the kit has sufficient supplies to polish all five parts.

Attached is a pic of kit and the before and after shots. I've also attache a PDF of the instruction sheet. Before, my headlights were the worst with medium yellowing, the center grill was a bit better with some fading and the corners were decently clear. Now all five parts look identical and brand new. I'd love to do Small car clear lenses some day, but for $20, this kit exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleaning kit.jpg (81.9 KB, 634 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crystal View 1.pdf (636.8 KB, 575 views)
File Type: pdf Crystal View 2.pdf (644.5 KB, 411 views)