View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
The only people I've heard say that the stuff works are salesman, and I'm suuuure they've used it many times on their own cars. Get a second opinion, maybe a third. Don't say "Sears (whomever) told me I need an evaporator." Just tell them it doesn't blow cold. Let them diagnose it - the answer they give you may tell you what kind of group you're dealing with.

If you're satisified with the diagnosis of a bad evap, or other pricey component, what would you have to lose by installing the sealer? Let's see, add on an expansion valve, a drier, a condensor and maybe even the compressor. Who knows what that stuff could do or damage.

BTW, I'm curious as to why they want to sell you an expansion valve, just because it's near the evaporator isn't good enough for me. And yes, I grew up in Florida and I know how to work on a/c. (This coming June will make 32 years.) I would expect a shop caught with their hand in the cookie jar to respond with that line.

I feel for ya bud, if someone told me I needed to spend that kind of money on my car I'd drop a log myself.

Beav