View Single Post
Old 02-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno
Ared,

Why I do not know...

I thought about that. I wasn't certain if that pertained to this car or not. Seems interesting that it worked prior to the tranny shop but not after. Did I say after? I meant..uh...aw hell...I guess I'll say it. I wasn't going to tell you until you had yours back but...my tranny works again.

Is there anything weird about the AC system? Can most shops check the pressures alright or does it take yet another strange gadget to test.

Maybe it is just a coinqidink.

Any new word on yours?

Randy (Man, Ared is FAST) ii

I saw your sig and was going to post a , but decided not to.

You should be able to check the freon level yourself, through the little window. Open the hood, look into the engine bay and find the silver thingy with the window in it on the left hand side (as you're looking into the bay, not from the driver's position). Have your neighbor operate the controlls again and look for fine bubbles in the window. If they're there, you've got freon -- the size of the bubbles also indicate the condition of the system. I don't have the manual in front of me, but, when I get home I can check it out. Meanwhile, if you don't see bubbles, you're likely out of freon, or the level is so low, it won't allow the system to operate. There shouldn't have been anything involved with the tranny that would cause them to have to remove anything to do with the A/C, unless they nipped a hose or something in the process.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI