Thread: whats faster?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I ran 15.6 when I went, my friends in their awd cars were just at my tail at 15.9 and 15. something. At the time, my fwd car had very, very simple things done. A high stall tc, aluminum pully, and phenolic spacers...Probly saved me all of .01 off my time
Frankly, I dont like the fwd svx...It just isnt as fun. Okay, so itll accelerate an unnoticable fraction of a percent faster, but it just doesnt have the stuff that makes an svx an svx, and overall I'd say the awd is better proformer. (Things like speed sensitive steering and all wheel drive make it a hell of alot more solid of a ride than the fwd)
Though you do have one advantage with the fwd....its lighter. The lack of a sunroof and a rear diff, as well as crappy seats shave about 200 pounds off the car. If you want to make the car faster, put in an awd 5 speed (Youll need to swap rear subframes) and see about some minor engine build stuff. Just do some good hard research, it's all in here. Definently heed the advise of the people that have done extensive mods to their cars

But just a forwarning...If you planned on making this a 12 second car, itll take ALOT of time and money invested. You're likely better off getting a diffrent car for raing pourposes
enjoy!
-Eric
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten