View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Well that was stupid...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

All my oil drain pans were, of course, full. So were some random plastic containers - orange juice bottles, kitty litter buckets, etc... I took one to Advance Auto to be emptied. What I didn't realize until seconds after I pulled the drain plug and the oil started overflowing onto the floor is that I took the wrong one to be emptied. I took the one that works okay for the Justy and Legacy, but won't hold the contents of the SVX's oil pan.

. I think everyone who does it themselves have similar experiences or will at some point. I used to let my friends who don't have a place to change their oil use my driveway. That is until I realized how much practice it takes to get it right with minimal spillage. The last time I think the guy must've gotten more on the driveway than the pan. It isn't like my driveway doesn't have enough oil stains already with a drippy XT and BRAT but then again, that's my mess.

As for the annual oil change. From what I've been able to come up with you should be fine as long as it is a good brand name oil with add. to keep it from breaking down. I too am on the annual plan for the SVX. I've actually thought about doing it 2x a year but the filter once just cause it is a pain to drop the front cover or to do it around it.

Have a great anniversary!