Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc
... the [security] system turns on the dome light when you disarm. Does it really? ...
Yes........
Thanks, Chris.

So you're saying that when you walk up to your car and unlock the driver's door using the key, the dome light comes on (even before you open the door)?

And likewise when you're sitting inside the car, locked, with everything off, and you unlock the door using the driver's lock slider?

No, only when the security module unlocks the doors (see later posts).

I'd guess that if you do nothing else after unlocking, the dome light dims and turns off after a few seconds (similar to how it does when you actually open and close the door).

Can anyone else confirm that 94s and 95s don't do this? Never mind. See later posts below.

I still can't see how that works — the Time Control Unit controls the dome light, and the wiring diagrams show no connection between the TCU and the Door Lock Timer module. But it's not like the diagrams are 100% accurate.

The TCU does know when you pull the driver's door handle — that's how it knows to turn on the keyhole lights (driver's door and ignition).

Last edited by SVXdc; 04-26-2007 at 08:08 PM.