View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM

The idea behind the factory intake setup is to make the car quiet while driving. THat's why things are made of rubber, have helmholtz resonators, and weird accordian looking dealies. Sure you can make more noise, and a bit more power, but things are less important before the TB than they are after on an N/A motor.

You could very well make more power at a certain RPM with a different intake manifold, but I guarantee you you will not make more over the same powerband. Resonance is extremely important, and unless you have the data to construct something that takes this into account, you CAN make more power, but you very well won't have a very "everyday user-friendly" car. If you CAN make more power, you'll more than likely need more revs to do it, and doing things like that starts getting tricky.

I am all for the idea, but there are simply a LOT of factors when designing something of this caliber. If you do it right, pay attention to the details, and don't overlook anything, you could have a very good piece. That's all I'm saying. Just do your homework. And no, asking "how do I make an intake manifold" and then slapping something together does not work. hahah

Good luck, just the same.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!