View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: The Reading Xiii Countdown Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Please post pictures. I wish I could come too. Wife is now in clinical dyalisis so hospital visit every 3 days for 3 hours. We had to cancel our annual bike rally because she could not find a clinic in the area that could squeeze her in. Maybe things will change for next year. Have a ball!
What hospital in CT do you go to? I wish you guys the best in a difficult situation. Are you interested in an upstate NY/New England meet? Maybe we can organize one by the end of the summer. One option would be to shoot for harvest season. One of the activities could be apple and grape picking. I could also look into the Watkins Glen track schedule and see if we could rent it out. And, if we do it in the finger lakes, there is also plenty of wine tasting. There are nice state parks that allow alcohol and have beautiful falls and gorges where the meet could be held. Other possible activities are shopping at a HUGE outlet store plaza, rustproofing at Krown (group discount?) and we have a very good detail shop here that is always booked three weeks out that I could contact about wax/claybar/buffing/interior detailing services. The Krown franchise is very close to one of the largest Subaru dealerships in the entire country. Maybe I can work with them to donate some stuff for a raffle and maybe provide some inspection services to check people's cars out. I tried to get them to support Reading but they couldn't because Subaru of America has strict rules about advertising only within your geographical area and they were concerned that they might violate that. There are hospitals in Watkins Glen, Corning and Elmira that might be able to accomodate your wife.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything