View Single Post
Old 05-21-2001, 05:08 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
weekend at the track

Well, I was not planing on being able to race this year due to job situation. But it seems after one club race and one import challenge missed, some of my team mates miss my attendance. I just happened to pick up support and got sponsored for this last weekends import survival series. Car ran its fastest time to date at this altitude and was VERY consistent. (had to pull the fan relays again) I made it all the way to the finals when I blew it, not my car. I slept at the light. My car still ran its dial, but because my opponent left on a .597 light and my dozing reaction time was a WHOPPING 1.021 I lost on the top end. He wasnt even close to his dial and I was right on, but I blew it at the tree. This was my worst ever reaction time, but I assure you it wil be the last! Anyways, car ran perfectly and INCREDIBLY close to its dial every time. My fastest specs were 16.341 @ 85.86mph. I ended last year 7th overall in Import and 5th overall in Club Challenge. I have been sponsored for running the rest of club series and my next race is June 1st. I am down one race in each of the series but if I run as strong as last year, I still have quite a chance. Wish me luck, I am representing us SVXs (and Subarus in general) out there against every muscle car and riced out Honda known to man. I will have to borrow a cam-corder just to show you how much of a threat I pose out at Firebird. When they call my class to the lanes, I pull in and NO ONE will pull next to me until track officials start to get involved. Its like I have the plague! But then again.... look at my dials and actual times and you will see why.

Dial 16.38 Actual 16.388 diff 0.008
Dial 16.33 Actual 16.341 diff 0.011
Dial 16.31 Actual 16.352 diff 0.042
Dial 16.40 Actual 16.444 diff 0.044
(time slip scans on the way)

Again wish me luck.... and Happy racing to all you other SVX and Subaru racers out there.

Chris

PS -- Aredubjay, could you email me scans of the scematics for the fan relays? I need to make an over-ride system

Last edited by Chris; 05-21-2001 at 07:36 PM.