View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Don't lose your title.

The subject of this thread says enough, but I'm annoyed so I'm going to vent a little.

I haven't driven my SVX further than my driveway in almost a year. Actually, come to think of it, this week or the next it'll be a year. The last time I drove it, the car had expired tags from the previous state I lived in, MI. I'm lazy. I stopped doing that until I got it taken care of.

Of course, I had lost my title. What can I say? It's what I do - I lose things. I called MI (the last state I lived in) to ask about getting a duplicate title. MI, it turns out, never issued me a title because when I registered the car it still had a lien against it. I called VT, the state I lived in when I bought the car. They could issue me a duplicate title, but needed a notarized lien release form from the finance company.

I got the lien release, sent it to VT with the completed dupe application and the check for $15. I even called them to make sure I filled it out correctly so they sent the title here instead of my old address in VT.

A month went by, no title. I called the VT DMV, and the guy told me the title had been issued and had gone out a couple weeks earlier. Great, I thought, it got lost in the mail and I'm going to have to get another lien release form. The guy I was talking to, however, found it in the 'returns' box - they had, despite my best efforts, sent the title to the wrong address. It was put in the mail and I received it a couple days later.

I wanted to get the car titled and registered yesterday, but the IL Secretary of State's office isn't open on Mondays.

I went today and waited in line for 45 minutes to find out that I have to send the title to my mommy to sign off on. When I bought the car a long long time ago, she cosigned for the loan.

Meanwhile, the USGP is fast approaching and I still intend to drive the SVX and park it in the car corral. As far as I can tell, mine has been the only one ever in the corral.

Yeah, so lesson learned. I know that it's my fault for losing the title in the first place, but this is really getting annoying. I was looking forward to driving it this evening.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE