View Single Post
Old 11-13-2001, 07:47 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Unhappy To Dismantle or not to Dismantle?

That is the question. If you haven't read parts of the drama that has strucken my car tune into the technical Q&A section under "Blown Engine" or read the copy in Chris' shop.

I have someone that is willing to help me dismantle my entire car so I can sell it piece by piece. Now, what I need to know is how many vultures are circling above and want pieces. My car is in near perfect condition except this current engine problem. The transmission only has 10,000 miles on it and is still under warranty. New alternator. Lots of new parts and all the exterior parts are in good shape. The passenger sun visor sags and the light doesn't work, sorry (I know that's what most of you'd want!). Oh, and the passenger side window has scratches on it.

Now, if you could kindly let me know of any requests you have and what you'd be willing to pay, that would help me in my quest to decide what to do.

How much do you think I could get for the tranny? I was thinking up to $1,500. Is that crazy?

Jeff

P.S. This should probably be in the parts section of the site, but there's no final decision yet on what to do, so I am leaving it here.