View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX
Re: Engine Codes 29 and 33. Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
If both aren't working and the vehicle (ECU/TCU) is behaving as though it has no speed input, then I'd continue to focus on the sensor. I think it's more likely that disturbing the aged wiring while replacing the sensor caused a break in one of the wires or something. How brittle did the wiring seem to you? (sure it's plugged in good?) Try looking down the hole that the speed sensor threads into?

Edit - another idea: Maybe the sensor didn't get threaded in far enough for the little spinny thing at the bottom to fit into its slot?
I finally had some time to work on the SVX, I've just been so busy with school and Athletic events. Anyway I looked into the hole where the sensor threads into and was able to see the slit in which the metal part "T" of the sensor fits into. I talked to BUDFREAK from Subaru SVX World Forums svxworldforums.com and he told me to use a flat head screwdriver and try to turn the piece and if it turned I was screwed... WELL, It didn't spin in either direction so that should mean its not the plastic gears or driven shaft. I then proceeded to examine the wiring and there actually is some visual damage to it. I will add a picture. It is just so close to the harness that I really can't splice it. Going to contact Subaru of Sioux Falls to see if they have it. I am really hoping that this will solve the problem. I will also add a picture of what the OLD sensor and the NEW sensor look like side by side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0146.jpg (573.8 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0114.jpg (802.3 KB, 212 views)
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker