View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 03:35 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
WHAT A HASSLE!

Well I can't decide if I would recommend these guys to anyone at this point.

Looking at my post, I ordered my compressor on July 25th, here it is Aug 11th and I still don't have it.

I called on the 31st to see where it was (supposed to be 3-4 day shipping). I found out that they completely lost my order, and hadn't even shipped it. I figure this isn't a big deal, mistakes happen, and figured in less than a week I'll have my part. I called again on the 9th, wondering, where is my part again?

They said it did in deed ship out on the 31th, but of course I didn't get it. So I ask them to send me the tracking number, which I was told would take a hour or two as they dug it up in the mound of paperwork I could imaging hiding under some poor slob's desk.

I wait, and of course I'm quite busy at work and can't call them asking for it again by the end of the day. So the next day I went and called again, they assured me that it had been delivered, of course they didn't have the tracking number for me. So I actually called up UPS myself, as they are obviously incompetant. UPS informed me that it had been delivered, but that they had given them the wrong address to ship it to. So the package was sitting at the main UPS depot about to get shipped back to them.

So I went down on my lunch hour, and picked up my part. Took out the packing slip, and said to myself "Why did I get charged $70 more than I was quoted?!?!?"

I checked my credit card statement online, and sure enough the amount was what the invoice said, quite a bit more than I was told. I call them up once again, and they told me that they would have to talk to their manager about why this was the case, and he would contact me.

Later in the day, I get an email from the owner, explaining that the part I recieved was for a 94-97 SVX and that was the cost of the part. He said that when I called back on the 31st asking where my part was, that I had told him that I had a 95 SVX all of a sudden.

Of course, as braindead as I can be at work sometimes... .... I know what year my dang car is, and wouldn't tell him that. So I tell him that its obvious the guy on the phone that I talked to "Dave", wrote my order down wrong at some point in the process and got me the wrong part.

So anyways, after having a 30min yell session with these guys at work, they finally agreed to ship me out the correct part for free, and credit my credit card back the error. (well no $hit guys, seems like the right thing to do).

Either way, on Monday they are supposed to send UPS out here to pick up this AC compressor, and ship me out the correct one. Hopefully nothing will go wrong this time.................

ANYWAYS....enough jabbering on. I actually have a question about this whole process of replacing the compressor. I am going to take it into a local shop, which said they would be happy to do the work for me. However, they asked if I still needed the old style refrigerant (I'm thinking R12), or if I had a newer system. They told me that the old stuff is about $75 / lbs of coolant. I had Subaru recharge my system last year for a total cost of $150, so I'm thinking that my system must be using the newer stuff (R143a??). Is there any special parts that are needed to make it use the newer coolant?

Thanks,
Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com