View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Subaru Engineer Wanabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
if you have motorcycle jack and some 2x4s with the ability to cut them that'll help... or even just some blocks to rest it on to line it up. What a headache?! I can't remember 100% everything that was involved, sorry.

Tom did an AWD swap on the Stage3 and I think he posted some pics that should help you get some bearings on it.

-EDIT-
here is a pic from toms locker: subframe

You will see that the trailing link to nuckle bolt was also removed on eachside. I think that is the best way of freeing the frame from the suspension. If you have the tools, it is 100 times easier to simply cut the nut off the bolt and install a new bolt and nut on eash side when you reinstall, instead of trying to break them free as they are self locking. Be sure you unbolt those handbrake and ABS lines as well.

Thanks dude, this helps a lot. It seems I will need to cut those bolts, because they are HARD to get them loose. This is going to be one @#$%*$ mission I wished I didn't have to go through.
'05 Subaru Impreza STi, '02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon, '01 Toyota Celica GT, '98 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Sedan, '96 Isuzu Rodeo, '95 Jeep Cherokee 2WD, '94 Plymouth Sundance, '94 Subaru SVX LSi, '93 Subaru Impreza, '92 Subaru SVX LS-L, 2003 Subaru Baja.