View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
yes, its true, there are no exections, and that must be taken literally. an Ivy League degree guaratees you success and mad money - doesn't matter what your degree is in, or how good your grades are.
You're pointing this at the wrong person here. I'm not the one who said that a degree from an ivy league school guarantees you big money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
I don't read too good, but didn't you say that your friend the Political Science/Law degree graduate could have gotten the $100k/year job 'right out of high school and saved $150k'? I figured since whatever highschool your buddy went to could crank out such talent, I only want what's best for my child. Hell I'll even move up there to be Landshark's neighbor to send my kid there. $100k straight out of highschool is awesome dude.
Quote:
Wow, Shadow. I'm impressed. I didn't know your friends could pass the bar right out of highschool. Dude that highschool must be something else. Can you please state the name so that we all may send our kids to that highschool?
About him being able to pass the bar right out of highschool. Problem is, his job has less than nothing to do with political science and/or law. Niether is needed to sell bicycle parts.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm a firm believer that if you're an idiot, then no matter where you go to school, your still and idiot with a nice piece of toilet paper.....like your friend the chemical engineer. Anyone with half a brain would be able to get a decent job coming out of one of those Ivy League schools.
Anyone with half a brain? You just excluded yourself

The fact is that a degree from one of those schools simply means you paid way too much for your education. You still have to go out and compete for a job just like everyone else does. The school will make it sound like employers roll out the red carpet and push all the other applicants aside when someone with a degree from their school applies. A great sales pitch apparently, cause it works. Problem is it's completely not true. If anything, it's harder to get a job with a highbrow degree because companies would rather pay the state school graduate $40k than pay the ivy graduate $60k. On top of that, if anyone with experience in the field shows up, you are SOL.

Quote:
But you're right, it doesn't guarntee 6 figures....cause idiots aren't capable of scrubbing urinals.
My point has been made.

Last edited by Shadow248; 10-12-2005 at 05:36 PM.