View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
It would make sense if you had actually read my post. Go back and try it again, maybe you'll get it this time around.

Teacher, Mechanical Engineer and Pharmacist.

Whether the Chemical Engineer is worthless or not is irrelevant. He went to an Ivy League school so he was guaranteed to make 6 figures right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
3 went to state schools, 2 went to Ivy League schools. Of the two that went to the Ivy schools, one got a Chemical Engineering degree, and one got a Political Science and Law degree. The one with the Chem degree spent three years applying and interviewing for jobs, all while paying over $500 a month toward student loans, then finally gave up and took a job as Operations Manager at Dorney Park (about $35k/year salary). The one with the Political Science/Law degree is now an outside rep for Shimano North America, and pulls in about $100k/year. Great salary, sure...only one problem...he could have done it right out of high school and saved $150g's. Of the three guys that went to state schools, they all got jobs in their field, and the lowest paid is making about $38k/year. The highest is making about $65k.
I don't read too good, but didn't you say that your friend the Political Science/Law degree graduate could have gotten the $100k/year job 'right out of high school and saved $150k'? I figured since whatever highschool your buddy went to could crank out such talent, I only want what's best for my child. Hell I'll even move up there to be Landshark's neighbor to send my kid there. $100k straight out of highschool is awesome dude.

Oh yeah, I'm a firm believer that if you're an idiot, then no matter where you go to school, your still and idiot with a nice piece of toilet paper.....like your friend the chemical engineer. Anyone with half a brain would be able to get a decent job coming out of one of those Ivy League schools. But you're right, it doesn't guarntee 6 figures....cause idiots aren't capable of scrubbing urinals.