View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Shadow, I think you missed my point. I was agreeing with you on the price issue. That is not an excuse, just a truth, you get more performance for the money with the Vette. As for the two cars both being 2 seat sports cars, what Allen was saying was that they are shopped by different clientel. Most 911 people never looked at the Vette regardless of performance. just as most Vette buyers never considered the 911, even if they could afford it.
My point actually was not referring to you. I just used your comment sorta as an example. I agree that the Porsche and Vette target two different buyers...and that just enhances the point. It's interesting to see what happens with "premium" car buyers when a "non-premium" car outdoes their faved car. Thus is life in the sports car world i suppose. I deal with this problem with my car because of the damn 2003+ Mustang Cobra. It's just a half-a-hair faster (stock for stock), and cheaper. Yeah it's a piece of junk, but does it really matter? Not in what counts. I just take comfort in the fact that I could never love a mustang like I do my TA, it's a night vs. day (or stylish sports car vs. me-too! car) feeling.