Thread: New SVX
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2001, 08:53 AM
jrollins

Talking New SVX

Just wanted to drop in and say hello -- I watch the site daily to see what's new under the sun and looks like everyone's getting along well!!!

This is not the famous jrollins (tranny trasher) from Canaan but his father (our computers are networked and I haven't been able to figure out a way to re-register with a new name -- when I come to the site both computers assume it's John and won't let me change!!!)

Anyway, two items worth sharing....

1) After seeing all the fun everyone was having at Canaan, I decided what the heck I ought to get involved in this thing so I went out and bought an SVX last Friday (94 LSi Red/Beige) -- I really liked Larry III's Beige interior! I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I can figure out how in the personal locker (John will have to help). So far my Bride & I really like the car however I must admit I always get a little nervous when I click in in "D" until it starts moving under it's own steam!

2) John's SVX is at a local Dealer (Larry Myers' Subaru, Fairmont, WV). The transmission is melted and more updates will be forthcoming as soon as his eyes dry up enough to post (I'm not sure if it's depression or the smoke from his now depleted wallet that is causing his eye problems!!!)

Anyway, I didn't have a chance yet to thank everyone for the great reception and hospitality at Canaan and now I hope we can come to future meets as a family mini-convoy. (I still think one of us should invest in a roll-back). It's gonna be neat to see two SVX's in our driveway when John gets his rolling again!!!

Ed R.