View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 07:32 PM
nextcubepro

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Well, they might have to drill a hole for the power cable but being a install place I would hope they know how to do it right. It should have a fuse up by the battery and a gromment where it gos through the firewall, pretty basic stuff.

I would be a little worried about having a big chain store do it though, you might want to ask if they are familier with the car and how the radio come out, if not you might want to find a place that does.
No place in the NY metro area is even remotely familiar with the SVX. Literally.

I do know how to remove the radio. It is a huge pain in the ass, but i'm THRILLED about that. 4 months ago, someone tried to steal it, but gave up mid way ( ).

The Best Buy place seems to be trustworthy with installations, and carry a 4 year all around warranty for everything (labor and parts), so I just hope they don't screw up.

What's more involved: remote start and alarm install, or sub installation?

(P.S. - If they drill a hole, will they seal it for rust and wind reasons?)

I'm so sorry about all these stupid questions but i'm frightened, and my father has been throwing the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" at me, but the stuff is already paid for and I REALLY want it!