View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:01 AM

Yeah I just did, :)

It smokes out the exhaust so bad that you can't see behind it and it does it when it's at idle or comming off it. When it's on the highway it stops smoking. It's using oil now cause it's blowing it out the exhaust. Cant post any pictures because car is in my garage with the turbo off in the shop. The exhaust wheel on the turbo is NOT oily. If you were to compare it to a spark plug color, it's about the light brown that you want your plugs to look like which by the way mine do. I can't find a reason for this. If I had a broken ring I would think it would keep smoking and not clear up at highway speed. He hasn't pulled apart the turbo yet to see what it looks like on the compressor side but he says it has no play either direction so he doesn't think it's bad. He said to call him in a day and he will take the compressor side apart and look. He also said something about checking the oil drain. I'm guess thats the hose I had a heck of a time getting the clamp off down by the oil pan. I will run a wire down that fitting tonight when I get home. One other thing I have noticed is my oil dip stick rides about ½ inch out of the tube also. The silver alum intake that connects to the rubber hose is not oily either nor is the butterfly when you look down the intake. So how is the oil getting in?