View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Re: FWD fuse to disconnect driveshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
Darryl,

Driveshaft is working like a charm. Honestly there isn't much to the install (I watched them do it) so I probably could have done it myself. Sourcing the part was the real PITA. So far I've had them do a rear wheel bearing, rebuild a front axle with both joints, and the driveshaft and everything's going fine with all of their work. They have a 1 year warranty on their work, so they'll stand behind whatever they do. Labor is, I think, in the area of $75/hr but typical of shops in the city. It's a father and son team and they're really nice guys. Doug is the dad/shop owner, and he drives a 3.0H6 outback. They're Subaru nerds, without a doubt. They don't know everything when it comes to our cars, so I'd suggest doing a bit of research on your own before going in, but I'm not sure that's any different than any other shops when it comes to the SVX.

My buddy is also going to them with his '84 BRAT (frequently), and I'm now needing a front bearing on mine. They'll be seeing more of me in the future.
Thanks for the info and recommendation. I will give them a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
-Kit W.
(hence KW=KDoubleyou=K_Dub. No relation to large wheels or Jamaican dance music.)
Got it. I grew up in New York knicknamed “D Dub” (for Darryl W) so I understand perfectly. I kinda figured there was no Jamaican relevance, though I've danced to dub/reggae and ska at a few parties in my time...

Thanks again.
Darryl