View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 PM

Registered SVX
Re: ECUTUNE Stage 2v7 installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I doubt it would make any noticeable difference in gas mileage unless you drive it differently (feels faster, so you drive it faster). Basically the point of the stage 2 ECU, injectors, and MAF is to support some other power-adding mod, like a turbocharger, 11:1 compression ratio engine, or even just cams, etc. The stock MAF only supports up to 250hp, and the ECU and injectors wouldn't be much past that. The stage 2 stuff will support much more, but by themselves, they wouldn't actually just magically add all that power. The tuning of the stage 2 ECU will make a bit of difference though. TCU = transmission control unit; ECU = engine control unit. Separate computers in the car. Automatic transmissions are controlled by a TCU, manual swapped SVXs don't need them anymore. I think Gamesy's car is getting a 5-speed, btw.
What he said lol.
As for gas mileage i cant really say anything yet as i still only have my "2eat" transmission in the car lol. I'm not sure how much power increase is given from the tune but myself and my friends have noticed the car pulls alot harder than before.
You are correct my car is getting a 5spd put in.... slowly but surely. i'm at the final stages of tweaking my x-member and finished up the pedals, all thats left is getting an engine hoist to pull the engine and scrap whats left of the parts car.