Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: No power mode ??

Hello SP-X and welcome to the Network!

[Is that a bike helmet in your avatar?]

The Power Mode indicator light does not light up in the later OBD-11 cars from '96 and '97. You should get in contact with SOA. As I understand it they will send you a free Owner's Manual once you contact them with your VIN number. It should describe the dash lights' function for you in the Owner's Manual.

I think at least some of the reason the Power Light was deleted on your models is related to the new diagnostics. On your SVX the WSM relies more on plugging in the Select Monitor to see and deal with fault codes. So one of the functions for the Power light on the older cars is not relevant for your newer model.

The way it works on yours is the following, and I'm open to correction as I have never owned a later model SVX:

Your Power Light is still part of the plastic lights strip on the clocks, but there is no light bulb behind the strip. Power Mode in the gearbox TCU still functions as before, on demand subject to speed, gears, etc, but you have no green light indication to show that it has come on and is working.

As opposed to the older cars, if your transmission has a fault then on ignition switch-on the fault number code will be displayed by the ATF temperature light. On older cars this blinking code sequence is shown by the Power light.

When you turn on the ignition the ATF temp light should stay lit for two seconds then switch off if all is normal. If instead it does a blinking routine, it is showing you a fault code.

Hope this helps.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl