View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 04:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
If I'm catching this right what is happening is actually a 'feature'. If you had turned the lights off before turning the ignition off they would go off immediately. It's when you turn the ignition off first that they stay on, for those times when a little light is nice to make your way to the front door.

Beav
Is that what people do? Hmm...I have to admit that I didn't try it that way.

Yes, I know that it leaves the lights on so you can 'find your front door.' It even says so in the manual. But how many people actually park right in front of their door, or close enough for the light to make a difference? What if you have groceries to take in and 90 seconds isn't long enough?

I just think it's a lame-o feature. My theory is that its only real purpose is to help a salesman impress a potential buyer. In other words, it fits into my jaded view of American car manufacturers and some of the people who buy their products.

I find Subaru's solution to the problem to be far more useful - I never forget to turn my lights on, or off. With the domestic solution, I flick my lights on and off at people who, at 10PM, have their lights off. What do I get in return? Yelling and angry gestures.

Look, asshole, if you HAD your lights on, WHY would I be flashing mine at you? Think about that for a SECOND, please, before you let my extremely insensitive attempt to increase your level of safety raise your blood pressure.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE