View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by tomssvx
could the ATF temp sensor be playing a roll in this? It seems that the temp of the trans is crutial in this problem so why not think of the sensor that detects that. Maybe the sensor is not reading properly or not at all and is allowing the TC to freewheel when it is warmed up. It was just a though that i have already passed by Amazonparrot. Let me know what u think Harvey.
As far as I know Tom the over temp signal, only forces Power Mode, to run the pump faster to circulate the ATF through the cooler, to reduce the temp.

According to Andrew, he said he tested it the next morning, and had the same results. So it would seem that the problem was still there when, 'stone cold'.

I feel that it is a lack of line pressure. (though I would not rule out the forward clutch). This could be caused by a number of things. Depending on the model, it could be the pump gasket, the A solenoid stuck open, the pan filter blocked, a ball plug blowen out of the valve body, or any number of other units leaking. A test of line pressure will tell, but as he is stuck at home, the pan filter is the most likely and something he could check.

Hope it goes well for him.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.