View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 AM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Re: yu0r Halloween costumes....

Yet another update...

More work done tonight on the PacMan costume. Completed dressing the two mouth sections, got the muslin that goes across the center attached, and one of the two sides is curing as I type this.

Today saw a whole lot of troubleshooting with the mouth mechanism. The fabric created a whole lot more friction than I expected, so things weren't working quite they way they were supposed to. I switched from a one rope system to having one pull rope on each side for the mouth. It works much better this way.

Also, since the mouth pieces weren't formed quite properly (or the frame, not sure which) they stick out from the frame a little bit so I couldn't wrap the whole thing in muslin because it was causing things to not move. I'm extending the cardboard sides in these areas, going to attach muslin to the cardboard once it's cut to sit a little bit above the mouth pieces, glue it into the rest of the fabric and then paint the whole thing. Hopefully it won't stick out too badly.

The respirator has been my friend today. Lots of glue, spray-glue, and expanding foam.

Now for pictures.

Muslin attached to one side

Muslin attached to both sides

Expanding foam used to mount the cardboard side to the frame