View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX crumpled by a Jeep bumper, how bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
+1 Check over the paperwork as to what the costs are for everything. And yeah, just argue saying you have done a lot of work on it and whatnot. Sadly, the Kbb value doesn't mean much to insurance companies. My 92 was valued at 2900 by the insurance company. Luckily, it was enough to cover the $2870 in work that was done 105,000 miles, exterior was in great shape otherwise, interior in excellent shape. It's a good thing they didn't ask me to start it up and take it for a drive though since it did have the bad tranny and piston slap. I'm sure if I would have had to fight, I could have since I did have a few receipts of parts I had ordered and replaced.

But who knows, ask Trevor (I can't remember his name on here) about his experience. I believe they valued his car at $2700 at first. And he was able to fight and ended up getting it valued at $4500 or something like that. His was a 92 with 174k on it or something. He did have aftermarket rims and had done a lot of work though.

Edit: It was Tiv0. Here's his thread
Cool, thanks for the link Nate. I just got a call from State Farm and they are NOT totaling it. They will be cutting me a check for $1800. Does anyone remember a thread showing how to take the rear seat panels off? I can probably figure it out for myself but would rather not break clips or anything to learn.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.