View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter

I think that makes braided lines on a 1992 illegal.
I'm afraid I would have to agree with SVXHUNTER re the braided lines. It has to be a 1991 or earlier vehicle to be legal.

Also, the brake linings, I think, refer only to the pads (and with older cars, brake linings), not rotors. But then again, rotors aren't mentioned at all .

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread, however, I do believe a totally stock SVX can be competitive in G Stock, if one assumes "competitive" means within the top five (of G Stock). And with the SCCA index'ing, it is also competitive.

The best point made is driver ability. I have seen an excellent autocrosser beat the pants off of most with a TOTALLY STOCK Saturn - it was his girlfriend's car - considering the SCCA index'ing.

Also, the best rule of thumb I have heard re modifications is that if you are doing any mods that bump you into a higher class, then do ALL the mods available and stay in that higher class. Doing one mod (like different springs) only is not going to help a great deal in the next higher class.

And the name of the game is to have fun, and the SVX can be a fun autocrosser. And people are a bit amazed to learn that this is a car with a 4,450 lb GVW!

CHIKE, you will have to drive up from Charlottesville to one of our autocrosses here in the Winchester area - next Sunday, assuming the high school / school board approves our application for a school parking lot. And we can talk autocross on 5 Jun at the mini-meet at my house.....

Later,
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx