View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Re: Quick video of the SVX

The volume of air that the engine is taking in has not been affected, merely how effectively it makes use of it. With the stock injectors as well, i feel that its within the realm of what the stock ecu and censors can handle at this time. Besides, once I manage to save up enough, ill be going hydra. That will eliminate the mass air all together. The power gains are merely a butt dyno assessment over the stock performance. Once the 5-mt is in, ill give her a dyno run. Whp.. Not keeping my hopes up high in regards to that. We all know that it takes some $$ to crack the 300whp range with our engines less forced induction.

The hood is stock with 2011 mustang rear window louvers riveted on. Merely a test of theory as I noticed that there was a area of low pressure there while driving. It GREATLY reduces underhood temps. So much so that something similar will be created when I get around to ordering a fiberglass hood.

The 5-mt is a stout enough transmission. Anything post 03 has stronger gears via the factory as well. You just cant slap through the gears if you want to keep'em alive. I ran a stock 5-mt in my PGT rally car for years. Only blew up one of them. Snapped the main shaft in half. hehe.
Double clutch, and dont hard launch. Youll be fine. They are not a drag race trans.

Id love to go 6-mt, but all the ones I can find for sale are always on the east coast. The ones over here, you would swear are made of platinum with the prices people want.