View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: Whats your exit strategy?

Stuff like this is a joke. If you had an enterence strategy, ie went at life with a plan, instead of wandering aimlessly, you wouldn't need an exit strategy.

Here's my exit strategy:
In october I went out and bought a 47" LCD 1080p HDTV and 7.1 surround sound system, prices were slashed due to a weary economy.

In November I bought a 2004 diesel Excursion for half retail value due to high fuel costs.

In December I spent way to much on Christmas gifts for my kids and family.

Just after New Years I bought 2 motorcycles and a trailer to haul them in. They were super cheap because it's the dead of winter, and because people are selling off their non-essentials to pay their bills.

This weekend, I'm heading out to NJ to look at 3 yachts. I'll be picking up the one I decide on the following weekend after I take a few days to evaluate what I saw.

People look at me and say "In case no one told you, the economy is in serious trouble. You're supposed to be saving, not spending." However, I approach life with an enterence strategy and plan well ahead. I've had everything I bought planned out months, if not years, in advance. Now just happens to be the best time to buy them. I have my 401k in relatively healthy state considering the market. I pay all my bills the moment I get them. Except auto insurance. They're getting annoying. I refuse to use checks because of identity theft a few years back, stole 300 checks and used them that weekend. My bank was less than helpful. My auto insurance refuses to take credit card payments, so I have to stop in the physical office and use cash. They'll get their money when I get around to it. If they took credit card payments, they'd be paid before the bill was due.

Plan ahead. Don't make purchases you can't afford. Live within your means, not within your credit limit, and you'll be ok when something like this happens to the economy. People don't seem to grasp that concept.

Also, I have no credit cards, and the only payment I make is my truck, and htat's only because I need to have something going on to get a loan for a house, having no debt somehow makes it harder to get a mortgage? Who knew...
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!