View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Custom SVX pistons

I work for a shop that specializes in building high performance subarus and we recently had an SVX come in. The customer wanted to re-build the motor, but unfortunately the car had sat for about to years after blowing the headgaskets. The bores were in pretty crappy shape and knock sensors had actually melted. having never built an svx before it's been somewhat of a difficult process mostly just because of the rarity of parts.

We needed to step up the bore size and go to an oversized piston, and it turns out the OEM pistons are backordered until who knows when. I see there are a few places that offer aftermarket forged pistons for the car, but they seem to all be special order items anyway. I decided to just have some made myself, and my friend Ian over at Ross Racing Pistons was more than happy to help. So here they are:

Nothing really special was done - they're standard compression ratio and a little larger than stock. Funny how it's cheaper and easier to have custom made forged pistons than to get OEM parts.

Last edited by jamal; 01-06-2011 at 01:14 AM.