View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 PM

Hey guys, while I am waiting for Mike to lend me his front crank angle sensor, I can't get my mind off of the car and I keep on thinking whether that will finally fix my car, and if I did the timing belt right, and so on. I can't give it a rest, I keep on worrying about it...

I therefore have a new question for you. As I mentioned in my previous post, the starter will crank and the belts turn around, but it won't start and we have diagnosed a Long-Short-Short-Short code from the ECU, which means bad front angle sensor. If the CAS is bad, the car will never run because no spark will be sent, right? Therefore the engine will not make the usual noise it makes when you try to turn it on, am I correct?

I am asking this because I installed my timing belt following religiously all the instructions, torquing everything to spec and so on, yet the engine makes a strange sound, it doesn't make the same sound as when it's turning normally and I am attributing this to the lack of spark, could that be possible? The sound is slightly higher pitched than a regular SVX engine cranking, and it seems to turn slightly faster than usual.

Please let me know what you think about this. I have loosened one of the timing covers fearing the worst and the timing belt is still tightly wrapped around the cam gear.

Thank you,

Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)