Thread: New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2001, 12:33 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Smile New Wheels

After several weeks of searching the web I finally took the plunge and ordered new aftermarket wheels yesterday.
This is a complete about face from my original decision to stay stock and go with refinished OEM rims. The problem I kept facing was that nobody has the wheels in stock so you pretty much have to send them your old wheels to be refinished. That was too much of a hassle and too much time.
I went with Team Dynamic because of their high offset wheels. I wanted to stay with the original size - 16x7.5 - and the highest offset in this size is 45mm which they say has fit SVX's just fine.
They also have two styles of wheel which they have in a 50mm offset but only in 17" and 18" but I was against the bigger diameter.
As a point of interest, in all my searching the best price was at Victoria Tire but found them to be less than helpful when it came to answering questions. I also wanted to see the wheels before laying down the cash. Team Dynamic put me on to their only distributor in Wisconsin, Wilde Honda in Waukasha. You read right, a Honda dealer. Brad there was very helpful but what I could not believe is that he was $200 a set cheaper than Victoria Tire.
So now it's onto tires - Dunlop SP5000 - probably from Tire rack.
Sorry for being long winded.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K