Thread: Turbo Update
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:43 PM

Multiple runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
Ya assuming you have a bosch o2 based uego system its 0-5 volts. There really is no way to translate it into a 0-1 volt reading like you said it would defeat the purpose. I had read maf somewhere thats why i had though u retained the maf.

What kind of filter are u running? Have you tried running without the filter to see if that helped? many air filters are big restrictions Well take care and ill talk to you soon.

phil
I still have the MAF connected but it doesn't do anything. I've disconnected it electrically. Eventually I will remove it all together. Didn't try removing the filter alltogether yet. I may not (I'm paranoid). What I might do is connect it to the turbo. I would like to see if the cold air system is really worth it. I don't think I'm having trouble with the filter. If I did I would see a drop in boost. It is a K&N type cone filter.

I did some runs today. I'm bouncing between too much advance and not enough. I'm starting to think that my knock sensor is set too sensitive. I may set it very high and see how I do. I feel like a test pilot at this point. At least I don't have to land! My EGTs got as high as 900C. Not good.

The car runs great now in cruise mode, although I think I need to add some more timing down low as my cruising EGTs get kind of high. It may be that LAN is right and the car does like lots of timing. I may just need to set the detonation sensors higher and deal with the noise. I wish I could check what the stock noise was like with this sensor, before getting into this. Anyone got a stock car I could try? Hopefully I can get some more runs in tomorrow.

Take Care

Chuck

Last edited by cdigerlando; 09-25-2006 at 01:37 PM.