View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I am selling my stage 3 for a couple reasons.

1. It ran pretty good and made about 270 AWHP with matching torque numbers when I was done. Ran great on 9psi on a stock motor with the headers. With the built motor it seems to need a re-map, which I have not heard of any progress on.

2. The "kit" aspect for me never arrived. I got all the parts but no kit feeling as I constantly was adapting it or my vehicle to make it work properly.

3. I am finished supporting by buying from ECUtune. Every time I report something that I found as a fault with their products means that I have a vaccum leak or some other diagnosis of an invisble and undiagnosable issue.

With a huge lack of technical support (from listening to the people who have their parts installed or built) ECUtune has done nothing for me except accept my payments and sent me parts without backing them once I diagnose issues with them. The stage 3 needs to be tuned on a dyno not at a computer desk. One tune does not support different conditions. Overwhelming evidence that I have provided about our new cams not allowing a good idle is apparently not enough evidence that they are nto working properly. I am through. I have had enough of trying to get through. I will be working on doing it all myself now using a standalone and having it dyno tuned rather than what we have now. Thats my story, their just happened to be too many straws on the camel's back this week.

Tom
tuning and such on a stand-alone, is it difficult as all hell, or is it like geting a pcIII or someting similar on a bike? (not including differances from going from a bike to a car)